Hard to believe it’s that time of year. It’s time to put those beautiful Christmas lights on your trees, and on your homes. Every year at this time there are a few simple things to remember that can make the occasion fun, beautiful, and safe.
- Inspect light strands to make sure there are no exposed wires.
- Inspect plug to make sure it is clean and aligned to avoid potential hazard when plugging in.
- Check extension cords to make sure they are in good working condition.
- Do not overload circuits. Check the suggested number of strands of lights that should be plugged into one another.
- Use appropriate hangers, staples tend to pierce the wire leaving potential hazards.
- Use GFI protected outlets.
- Check out the outdoor covers to keep moisture out of the outlets causing shorts to circuits & potential fire hazard.
These are just a couple of things to pay attention to ensuring a safe holiday season. If you have questions regarding your panel and capacity for outdoor lights, or any questions in general regarding your electrical service give New Electric a call today 970-949-4651, or visit us at www.NewElectricColorado.com